After long while, I finally got fixed downloads on this webpage. I was not aware that there are any troubles, because previous download manager worked correctly only in Opera browser which I use exclusively.Anyway, after I found out that my previous download manager plugin does not cooperate with other browsers, I had to fix it. Original download manager plugin is discontinued, but I found great WP-Filebase plugin which almost flawlessly replaced previous one. There were “only” two steps which I had to perform to replace it…
- Extract downloads metadata from original plugin and put it into tables of new plugin (file dates, download counts, category assignment).
- Edit all posts and replace old download metatags with new ones.
I believe it won’t be needed to do this anytime soon (for any reason), because editing all posts was really irritating.