It’s been a while since my last post. I have an announcement to make: Skyscraper is almost finished and I plan to submit it to upcoming Abbuc SW Contest 2016.
There were two Work-In-Progress videos released near the end of last year. I granted myself quite big pause in the development. Then spent couple hours adding title screen during spring (as far as I remember) and last two days were quite productive since I sat behind my PC and finished gameplay.
Today is the day of releasing my longtime internal tool called Atari MapMaker. This tool was originally created for Ridiculous Reality level design. Recently I was contacted by Adam Wachowski (RR co-author), he requested couple additions to editor so he could use it for his new upcoming project… so I added some stuff inside, fixed numerous bugs and also added several nice features.
hmm… music from TRBB’s game Gravity reminded me of my Roxblox. I wish this game had better response from audience, because it is quite good logical game. I really doubt that anybody reached the ending, because it requires to win all levels on predefined (minimum) number of moves – A grade.
Currently I am working on Final version of 3plex was build on September 13th, so game is ready to be released. Most of implemented changes extend visual/audio experience, game design remains same. I am preparing some new stuff that will enrich the game. I am going to update this blogpost couple times with additional texts and screens.
I managed to finish another game recently. This time it is Quarrion, which was previewed on last new years disc 2015. I started coding this game year ago. Final gameplay was done for some time, but I needed to fix some bugs add graphics, music and wrap it all up. Finishing the project is always hard, because it sucks so much time when you focus on small details and try to make them look the best possible way.
As I wrote couple posts before, I’m moving all my Atari projects to sourceforge.net. There are already all of them created ( https://sourceforge.net/u/matosimi ), but not every project has content yet. Today I was reconstructing development versions of my very first assembly game Laser Blaster…
Citoplazma demo is my second project which was recently moved to sourceforge. I was quite surprised that old binary was still crashing somewhere in the middle of demo, so I looked into it and performed some dirty fixes. Demo runs correctly now… at least in Altirra 2.6, but I hope it also runs well on real HW.
Toto je len drobný info príspevok… Začal som presúvať moje projekty na sourceforge.net vrátane všetkých revízií, takže teraz môžete vidieť zdrojáky mojich hier a demáčov.
Prvý presunutý projekt je Back To The Cyberspace, ktorý má len 1 skutočnú revíziu (ak nepočítam tvorbu adresárovej štruktúry) takže nie je vidno žiaden progres :).
Projekt nájdete tu:
I started working on The Bitchy Witchy around year 2007. It is already 8 years ago – pretty unbelievable. It supposed to be point&click adventure like no other on Atari. Basic idea was to create game that will be similar to Gobliiins where you control hero on single screen and after you solve puzzle you will be able to move to next screen.
I introduced this project on AtariAge couple days ago also with screens so you can find some info there. This blogpost is mainly behind the scenes.