I decided to go with the flow so I reinstalled my netbook (that I use for Atari development) and upgraded to Windows8. No big deal, yeah, but yesterday when I finished some configuration I started to restore data from previously created backup.
What really surprised me is fact, that I somehow omitted my whole Atari folder during backup, so I lost everything :).
I have some partial backups from 2008 and 2012 from time when RR was just proof-of-concept and dynakillers unchained were not even considered yet. Luckily I have also SubVersion (SVN) server which I use for code versioning, so I think I should be able to build RR and DKU without much effort.