Some new features have been added to Atari Fontmaker, so if you use this piece of sotware, I strongly recommend to switch to updated version.
- recommended horizontal screen size is higher than 1024 pixels to fit whole window on screen
- big view-window, it has 26 lines instead of 8, it is moved to right side of application window
- export fonts to BMP – to use them in tile-editors
- recolor – ability to “switch” colors of edited character
- cursor – shows frame around edited character
- pick edited character using mousewheel
- color labels
- statusbar containing number of edited character and selected color
- toggle draw in view-window – you can copy character to view window multiple times by holding mousebutton
- toggle draw can be turned of by holding CTRL key, in that case 1 click = 1 copy, this is applied for both view-window and charedit-window
- backwards compatibility of view files from previous version of FontMaker
Please download Atari FontMaker from its main page.